Finished six weeks of practicum so far, starting the seventh in about 2.5 hours and I’ve learned six things that I plan to elaborate on:
1. Being firm is difficult — I scare myself sometimes and have made myself cry (not in front of the kids, but later).
2. Support is invaluable; friend(s)/mentors who understand exactly what I am going through is an understated blessing.
3. I teach and lecture using my hands a lot.
4. There’s a balance between being selfless and selfish that I’m close to understanding — I am learning to care without getting emotional.
5. Sometimes being constantly challenged is not healthy (or so it feels, as I can barely keep my eyes open and it’s only Monday).
6. There is nothing cooler than adolescent youth.
… did I just say that?